
Boardmaker Plus software is another way to create individualized and adapted curriculum for students with specific learning challenges. It can be used to create a communication board for a student who is non verbal, or to create a book for a student who requires text-to-speech capabilities. These are just examples of what it can do! It also features a wide selection of picture communication symbols that can be used on the communication boards or a book. they are organized by topic. Boardmaker also includes various access modes including the capability to be set up for a switch user. The scan rate can be specifically set for the needs of the user!
I also learned that our own computers can be set up to have a scanning keyboard on the screen. Who knew?? It is easy to do and would be functional for a student who uses a switch. Although I found this to be incredibly difficult at first, I can see how someone could get used to using it, and be quite efficient!