Thursday, July 8, 2010

Using Proloquo2Go


Today we had the opportunity to develop a selections sets for a specific user using Proloquo2Go on the i-Pod touch. I am ceratainly amazed at how intuitive this program is! Through this activity I was easily able to see that proloquo is easily customized to meet the needs of a specific user. You can change the way anything is presented on the i-Pod. The grid sets can even be configured depending on the users preference and ability, the number of boxes can be changed, and the colour can be changed.

The thing that also came to my mind today is that proloquo makes AAC more accessible to people with less money. This is a refreshing step in the AT world!




Check out this new coverage on how the I-Pad and proloquo offers a voice back to a man who had a stroke and subsequently his ability to communicate. It is described as "a small electronic miracle that brings back precious peices of his life."